Around the Grounds | Page 61 | Vital Football

Around the Grounds

Fifa to explore impact of moving domestic matches abroad​

home games in south africa, or san diego anyone?
They're completely out of touch with reality. An environmental disaster to fly players around the world for domestic games. The poor mollycoddled players and managers already moan about tiredness, so I'm not sure how adding in long-haul flights will help the poor lambs. But of course, like tours to the Middle East during mid-season breaks, they will soon forget about those concerns...

Good to see some action being taken against certain clubs. But there are a number of elephants in the room where very little seems to be happening. Good artiticle in the Athletic about business as usual at Fleetwood.

Not sure if it's behind a paywall, but I managed to read it.
A truly shocking tale that is ongoing due to EFL weakness and inaction. No wonder Fleetwood fans are in denial given his divestment into the town.

I stay in Swindon four times a year and go past the County Ground - it all looks a bit run down and unloved. They always seem to attract dubious ownership, earning the unfortunate Swindle Town nickname. Shame really, there is decent potential there.
You could be describing Swindon, and several other towns in Wiltshire. Some parts of it are like the more deprived parts in the North, plonked at random in a nowhere part of the South

You could be describing Swindon, and several other towns in Wiltshire. Some parts of it are like the more deprived parts in the North, plonked at random in a nowhere part of the South
Yet the parts that boarder Somerset Gloucester and Oxfordshire are the opposite of that. Generally within the urban areas of southern England there is extreme deprivation. Swindon is a grim place yet a few miles out it’s very pleasant.

They're completely out of touch with reality. An environmental disaster to fly players around the world for domestic games. The poor mollycoddled players and managers already moan about tiredness, so I'm not sure how adding in long-haul flights will help the poor lambs. But of course, like tours to the Middle East during mid-season breaks, they will soon forget about those concerns...
The article refers to a "summer series" involving Premiership clubs last year. No wonder the poor lambs are tired!

To be even thinking about this shows how little FIFA and the inept Infantino (Blatter 2.0) care about the game and the fans.

Light at the end of a very dark tunnel? Time for the fans to order their clubs to scrap it:

I don’t like how VAR is being used currently but if it was only used how it was originally sold, like overturning Szmodics penalty then I wouldn’t complain.

Former ROI manager Stephen Kenny, who was linked with the Lincoln job last season, has joined St Patrick's Athletic on a five-year deal.

I don’t like how VAR is being used currently but if it was only used how it was originally sold, like overturning Szmodics penalty then I wouldn’t complain.
Once they started the ' oh but his outstretched hand , the fingertips were offside" lark started. that's when it got silly, very silly!!

Southend under a transfer embargo again, and have another 'final chance' in six weeks time before liquidation.

The new owners, who took over the club back in December, still do not own it.

Just shoot them and put them out of every one else's misery. Just imagine the uncertainty, had Southend somehow made the play-offs and won.